Call for abstracts
Lisbon Addictions 2024 is a multidisciplinary conference that provides both a forum for networking and an opportunity to showcase cutting-edge research. The conference is intended to inform policy development and practice through a better understanding of contemporary issues in addiction science and addictive behaviours.
The conference will take place in Lisbon from 23–25 October 2024 under the overarching theme ‘Empowering the workforce of the future’.
- Launch of call for abstracts: 23 October 2023
- Deadline for submission: 31 January 2024
- Notification of acceptance: end of May 2024 (tbc)
Submission of abstracts
Potential contributors are invited to submit abstracts in the following main thematic tracks:
- Empowering the workforce
- Prevention of risky and harmful behaviours
- Alcohol: risks, clinical considerations, treatments, and outcomes
- Addiction and mental health
- Hepatitis C, other infectious diseases, and drug-related harms
- Behavioural addictions
- Drug policy: latest developments and new challenges
- Open track
Applicants will be informed by e-mail if their proposal has been accepted for inclusion in the conference programme. After this date, applicants will have two weeks to register for the conference with the early-bird fee. Abstracts will only be included in the conference programme after the registration process is complete.
Submissions that explore intersections between addiction and factors, such as gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, and mental health are encouraged, as are those that examine the impact of addiction on under-served and under-represented populations and propose strategies to address health disparities. We particularly welcome submissions on these topics and from studies where impacted communities and people with lived experience have been active co-producers in the research process.
Types of abstract submission
- Oral presentations: 15-minute presentation, 5-minute Q&A
- Short communications: 8-minute presentation, 2-minute Q&A
- e-Poster presentations
- Workshops: 90-minute session
Please consult the abstract submission guidelines for detailed information.
WAVE is an EU-funded project and a co-producer of Lisbon Addictions 2024. It organises a video contest for audio-visual pieces relating to any of the main areas/thematic tracks of the conference. A selection of videos competing for the prizes will be shown at the conference in the WAVE Cinema.Find out more