Young people's addictions treatment
We will be covering some of the key practice skills which are described in more detail in the publication: Judge, D. and Mellen, L. (in press). Pharmacological interventions. In (Eds) Crome, I.B. and Williams, R. Substance misuse and young people - critical issues. Routledge London.
- Understanding the principles of pharmacological interventions in relation to substance misusing patterns of young people
- Understanding how pharmacotherapy differs between adults and young people
- Creating a framework to structure services offering pharmacological interventions
- Understanding the application of multi-systemic approaches which integrate pharmacological and psycho-social interventions
- To be clear about applied governance and the requirements of a treatment plan to ensure safer prescribing
- Integrating effective interventions – collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams and multi-agency networks